Monday, May 4, 2009

Kiss And Tell 008

BOLU

OK. Boma is an amazing dancer. Not saying she is better than me ‘because you know now, your boy stole the show. What happened in that studio has kept me on a temporary high. But what happened after... I AM IN LOVE!

When Boma got to the studio she looked amazingly amazing. At first she was wearing jeans and a shirt then she went to change and when she did... all I could say was WOW! Her hair was Justify Fullpacked back into a ponytail and she was rocking track shorts with a hoodie that stopped right after her... fill in the blank spaces. Anyways, she walked towards me and she stops directly in front of me and she says ‘Bring it on’.

At first I wanted to melt, for a second I thought she was going to kiss me. I told her I wanted her to go first and funny thing is she agreed. The next thing, she goes to the laptop and starts to play a Beyonce track and she does a very impressive dance routine. She stops and she nods towards my direction, signalling me to start and honestly I am bummed for a minute.

“I can’t dance to Beyonce” I tell her
“I don’t expect you too” She goes
The next thing I play Lecrae’s Breathe In Breathe Out and I can see shock written all over her face. I have told them. Don’t underestimate Bolu Abayomi-Coker. After i finished she just kept staring at me.
“Are you not going again?” I asked her
“Nope” She told me
“Why? Are you scared?” I asked her
“Yes OH! I am scared” She says as she sits down on the floor. I sit down with her
"So who wins?"I ask her
"You obviously. Bolu I never knew you had dancing in you?Why do you go about carrying the whole nerdy facade... For your info, nerd is NOT the new cool... do not be deceived by Beauty and The Geek"
I just laughed. Boma is so sweet
"Why are you laughing. I am serious you know. People don't take you seriously. They think you just have your head in the books and they consider you a social outcast" She had concern in her voice
"I really don't care what people think about me. I just care about what God thinks of me. He is the only one I want to please"
"Cute. But face reality. How do you touch people with the love of God when you separate yourself from them. JESUS mingled around a whole lot!"
I could not answer her. I knew she had a point but really I did not ask to be like this. It is just how things are. She must have noticed me deep in thought...
"Bolu, let me take you out today. My treat OK?

And that was how Boma and I drove around Abuja. We had shawarma, ice cream, pizza, fries... We took pictures with her phone and honestly it was really cool.

I am here now on my bed and I am about to call her. Imma hola later

Trotcha!

TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN BOLA AND BOMA
(Bola is sitting at her desk, designing clothes for the next season when her phone rings. Boma's caller ID flashes)

BOLA: Hey babes. Watagwan
BOMA: I dey jo!
BOLA: How was dancing with Bolu?
BOMA: It was cool although.. WAIT... you know about our after dance paroles
BOLA: Girl, Bolu is my twin brother. He will obviously tell me what went down. Seems like you guys had fun
BOMA: We did sha. Your brother is not as reserved as he claims to be
BOLA: I know that. I mean, he is my brother. So Boma Akpovure... do you like my brother?
BOMA: He is your brother Bola... please o
BOLA: OMG! You like him!
BOMA: I did not say that
BOLA: But you dodged the question. Have you forgotten you are talking to me?
BOMA: OK..maybe I like him a little
BOLA: (laughs) Baby girl... well... i am happy for you.
BOMA: Abeg dont make a mountain out of it. Lets leave that alone first. Whats up with you and Fola?
BOLA: The boy is amazing jo. He gave me A PROMISE RING!!!!!
BOMA: It's a LIE!
BOLA: He did oh! You need to see it
BOMA: Your damn right I need to... (they laugh together) Girl, I am happy for you
BOLA: I am happy for me too. Everything is perfect
BOMA: Just pray it stays that way (Pauses) Bola I have to go now
BOLA: Why? We just started talking
BOMA: Your brother is calling me
BOLA: OMG! Love you... bye bye (she cuts the phone and smiles)

BOLA

OK... I am going to eavesdrop on my brother's conversation with Boma. Are you game?









3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice...the love story unfolds...

DaisyMo said...

NICE!!

MissBalance said...

LOL! Alright! I like ...

Post a Comment

So what do you think?