Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kiss And Tell: Parent's Speak 001

NOTE:

I am really sorry for the delay in posting the next instalment and contrary to popular opinion we did not have writers’ block. There has just been so much going on here and YADA is supposed to have been out since like forever. We plead with you to just bear with us because we apart from bloggers, we are also students. Thanks for understanding.

MR. ABAYOMI-COKER

I don’t know what I did or who I offended. I am a good Christian and I serve the Lord with all my heart. I really don’t know why it’s like he is given me a cause to cry. I mean, Proverbs 22:6 says ‘Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.’ I have done just as the Bible has commanded. Ever since we had the twins, I have tried to make sure that my children are groomed in the way of the Lord. I bought them Bibles as children, made them listen to The Donut Man instead of Barney. I made sure that when they were watching television, it was either TBN or an educational program so where did I go wrong? Somebody tell me. Explain to me why my daughter's clothing line whose values don’t represent that of our Lord Jesus Christ. I wonder why her best friend poses in a bra and pant on the pages of magazines. I wonder why she will bring an unbeliever to my house. I wonder why she will tell me not to pay her school fees or take care of her as she is in Abuja with no adult supervision. I am not poor; yes she may make more than me and may get endorsements and blah blah blah but please? I am still her father.

Omobolanle Taiwo Abayomi-Coker, do not fail destiny. I love you and even though I don’t show it or tell you, I do. I need you to know that your life is going way too fast. You need to take it slow. You are just 20 years old and you have your whole life ahead of you. This life really doesn’t make any sense. I am worried. I just hope she stops being friends with that Boma of a girl. That child is just a MAJOR distraction and her parents don’t do anything to help matters. Don’t mind he irresponsible set of parents she has. Instead of them to caution their child, they let her do as she pleases. Anyways, I hope they see the light.

Boluwatife Kehinde Abayomi-Coker, you are a blessed child. The pride of my age. The child that anytime I see I know that at least there is proof that I trained those children. You CANNOT fail me. You have allowed all the training I have given you sink deep inside. You are blessed and your time will be great. Proverbs 20:11 says ‘Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work [be] pure, and whether [it be] right’ also Proverbs 23:24 says ‘The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise [child] shall have joy of him.’ Bolu, your doings and your works have been pure and I have joy in you. Don’t fail me.


MRS. ABAYOMI-COKER

I am confused. When I got married I did not bargain for all these. Honestly. First, after I gave birth to the twins through the caesarean operation, I was told I could not give birth again. Knowing I had just two children, I tried now, God, I was a house wife. I abandoned my medical career to be a mother to my kids. It wasn’t easy. Even my husband told me not to but I did. I figured that since I can only have two, I must make them the children that God will be proud of. I needed to raise godly children who will change the way things were done in this world. Well, I did it. I know it. Dayo is being too harsh. Bola may not be your average Christian and she may not do all the things we tell her to do but I know my daughter. I gave birth to her, I breastfed her. I know what she is capable of. She can’t depart from the way of the Lord. It is just not possible at all. I am sure of it.

Dayo needs to have a rethink. This feud between him and Bola has to stop. No matter what he is her father and she is his daughter. He cannot give up on her; God doesn’t give up on us. I pray God touches his heart. I hate to see my family like this. Please. It has to stop.

Let me call Bolu and know how they are faring... the one that Bola is not picking up my calls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?